Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The 10 things I've learnt with Artvertise

Artvertise has really helped me to improve my knowledge in the area of blogs and interactivity. Before starting to write my posts and to read the explanations of what we were asked to do in the class' blog "Multimedia Communication" I didn't have a deep technique in matters of the world of the Web or Internet, I knew the basic instructions to manage with some banal things.

Now I've learnt 10 more things, which are:

  1. Hypertexting: The way of linking one page to another one so there's a continuous "interchange" of information from more than one website in the same moment wasn't very clear for me before Artvertise, while now it is.
  2. Sharing videos: I didn't use to share anything on the Net before starting this blog and I had no idea of sharing videos when I was asked to do it but now I understand better the HTML format and I'm able to introduce videos without a problem. I'll demonstrate it by leaving here a video of one of my favorite songs right now ;)
  3. Mapping: I didn't even know that there was a possibility to change or personalize a map in Google Maps and design your own route in Google so that's surely another thing I've learnt during the practices.
  4. Information about the topics of Artvertise: I was interested in the world of Communication but thanks to the posts that my class-mates have published I've made wider my knowledge of Marketing and Advertising too, which is quite interesting.
  5. Blogroll: Related to the hypertexts too because of the need of an URL if you want to add any new website, blog, etc.
  6. Searching on the Net: I didn't care much about the finders so I always used to look for information in Google but, during the first practice, I realized the importance of searching on different finders because they offer a pretty different variety of contents in general such as videos, images, articles...
  7. The importance of the topic: If you don't like what your work is about, you're lost. I've noticed the need of choosing a topic or theme that really fits you because if not, you won't work in a comfortable way and it'll be hard for you to end your posts in time, in this case, and the consequences won't be good at all.
  8. The organization of a timetable: As we are University students, we have lots of works, presentations...so we have to organize our time in order to arrive at the time we are asked to. If we don't organize our schedule our results won't be good neither.
  9. English: Although we all had a previous and deep knowledge of this language, the fact of having to publish our posts in English has really improved my vocabulary and fluency, not just for writing but for speaking too.
  10. First contact with my profile on the Net: As I've said before, I've never had a serious blog or website to express myself in a wide way (not taking into account the social pages as Tuenti, Facebook or Twitter) so this has been a experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment