Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Post #5 Interview to Rafael Barthaburu

It was very difficult to me to choose a figure from the advertising world, but finally I deciced to do an hypotetical interview to Rafael Barthaburu a famous advertiser in our country and in South America. The top 3 has benn taken from an interview done by Teo y la maquína de las ideas.
Before start with the interview let´s do a short introduction of himself:
He started his profesional development in our country and after abroad. He worked in diferent advertising agencies such as Punto Ogilvy, Núcleo, Vicev­ersa, Gingko or Young & Rubi­cam. Some of his works have been awarded in the Cannes Festival in 2009 and 2010. He is one of the most important creatives in our country.


Elena Gaspar- Good morning Mr.Bathaburu, it is a pleasure to share a few coments about your view of the advertising world nowadays.

Rafael Barthaburu- Good morning! The pleasure is mine. It is gratifying to see how young people have interested in advertising and want to share it with other people.

E.G.- Well let´s beggin. As we know you have wide proffesional development, you have worked in many agencies and in many countries. Can you tell us how can change the way of understand advertising, depending the the agency or the country?

R.B.- Let´s see... In my opinion advertising is very similar and it doesn´t change depending the country in which you develop it, it is more a question of the creativity and 'savoir faire'. I mean the quality of an advertising campaing depends on the elements you use to create it, it must have some especific element which made it special, but of couse I´m not going to reveal it (laughts)

E.G.- I think it could be interesting to demand you to made a ranking of the commercials you believe are the best of recent times, if it not an inconvenience.

R.B.- Sure! It is a great idea, so you could see what a commercial must have for me to be special and well done. If you like I will made my top 3:

1. Sony-balls


R.B.- I think that advertising is not an art but there are pieces that are very close and this is one of those

2.The best job in the world


R.B.- A great idea which starts with a simple job anouncement and ends up going around the world.

3. Whooper sacrifice


R.B.- I love this campaing. Burguer King invite us to eliminate all those extra friends which we have in facebok and change them for a hamburguer, the campaing was so succesful that facebook demanded to cut the promotion.

E.G.- Thank you very much Mr.Bathaburu for giving me the chance to interviewing you. It has been a really inspiring conversation.

R.B.- You are absolutely welcome and I hope the information I have gaven to you can help you in your future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment