Monday, October 25, 2010

Podcasts and Videoblogs_


VIDEOBLOGS


A curious thing happened... The other day, while I was surfing through the Internet trying to find some information to include in some articles, I don0t know why but instead of googling it I searched it on Youtube. Automatically, dozens of videoblogs of people talking about the same topic came in. I was absolutely astonished by the result.

It had been more effective to search it on Youtube than on Google... not only because Ifound the information I wanted but because I could listen to what experts thought about the topic and what they posted about it. They kept a videoblog instead of a writing blog... Actually, very effective! It was definitely more pleasant enjoyable.

Two examples of videoblogs that I listened in order to write my article of the Marketing Mix are:

- Pricing Strategies, from Marcel Onderwater;
It is his only weblog, and he talks to an anonymous audience (that's why it is a weblog, he talks to a camera). If we analyze the content of his weblog we can see several errors such as his nervousness and his weak ability of talking "in public", becuase he nearly ever looks at the camera. However, all the information he tells is well explained and it is easy to follow (both the videoblog and the explanations). I did not refer my article in his weblog, but in overall it was not a bad video.

- E-mail Marketing: This is an effective videoblog. It automatically catches somebody's attention, and he is a very good speaker. However, it was a pity that the information he explains was not relevant to my interests.



PODCASTS


On the other hand, now, with the raise of iTunes there has been an increase of what are called Podcasts. In fact, the word podcast comes from the abbreviation of iPod and Broadcast. It consists in the distribution of multimedia data, such as video or sounds, with RSS difusion, which enables people to suscribe to that podcast in order to hear it whenever you want (it is not always necessary to subscribe). For example, I am an iPod user and I am subscribed to some comedy and photography podcasts.

In terms of marketing, there are some that can be very alluring for those interested in this incredible area.

- The podcast of marketing: Every 15 days, a brief brush of what is happening in the world of marketing is said in this post. I really recommend it.

- Marketing Over Coffee Marketing: This postcast basically consists on the discussions of both new and classic marketing, and you can follow it and suscribe in iTunes or by RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment