Sunday, October 24, 2010

Post # 6 - 10 lessons out of "Artvertise"

It has been almost two months since we started the "artvertise" project and up to now we have achieve to create an amazing blog full of interesting posts related to the world of advertising. Along the journey we have had to face up with several difficulties as a group (new incorporations, a member on sick leave, lack of time...) However, we have manege to fulfill the whole task as well as introducing additional posts. Besides, we have gain many experience in the world of multimedia communication. The most relevant lessons learned had been:

  1. Team work
    • This has actually been my first time of participating in a serious team work. Even if there were sometimes that I disagreed with my partners opinions, in the end I knew that if everyone of us contribute with our personal ideas the project would become more complete
  2. Responsibility
    • I have always been responsible of my tasks because somehow they affected to me. Nevertheless, during the elaboration of the blog I found out that my work also influenced in the other members of the team and consequently I realized that being responsible was much more important so as to make the project possible
  3. Self-expression:
    • Most part of the blog consist in posting different articles. As a consequence, writing became a relevant fact. More important than grammatical or expelling mistakes has been elaborating my own expression in the posts. I had to find out my personal way of reflecting myself in the posts. Even if there is too much work to do I am sure this has been the first step.
  4. Using different links. Hypertext
    • While navigating in the Internet I learn what was a link, but I never asked myself how did it work. Nowadays I am aware of the different kind of links and their use. Thank to this understanding, I am capable of using them with coherence.
  5. Understanding the web 2.0. and its potential
    • The concept of "web 2.0" was unknown to me even if it has been on air since 2006. Thank to the practice and lectures in class I have learn that the user is the new king of the web. Besides, now I am conscious of web 2.0 potential and power over the world.
  6. The possibilities of interactivity
    • Thank to interactivity web 2.0 appeared. It is actually the major progress of Internet since its creation. Thanks to it, we can really consider Internet as a real communication in which at least two people establish a connection.
  7. The knowing of RSS
    • The abbreviation of Rich Site Summary. It is an XML format used to share and spread information in the web without the need of a navigator. It is commonly used in the sites in which information in continuously being actualized.
  8. Using HTML
    • The Internet language. Thanks to it videos can be posted in the blogs.
  9. New conception of advertising
    • Because of working in a blog which consist of advertising, I have learn so much about it. Advertisement is such a powerful tool and its objective makes it an art.
  10. Becoming a blogger
    • What else can I say, since I create my blog back in September I take part of the Internet. Being a blogger allows you to offer your knowledge with other people. In that way, I feel a little bit important; I have the opportunity to spread my messages all through the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment