Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Interview to Matías Prats Luque


As the world of Communication is very wide it's been a difficult decision for me to choose one special person in order to do this interview but, finally, I've decided to pose some questions (in an hypothetical situation) to Matías Prats, the most representative man in the area of TV news in Spain nowadays.


Eli López – Good morning Mr. Matías, thanks for investing a little of your time in this interview.

Matías Prats – Good morning! Of course, how could I deny your request?


E.L. – Well, let's start. You have a really brilliant career in the complicated world of communication. You started in a radio program after finishing your degree called The Voice of Madrid and then in 1972 you passed to the TV channel TV Española 2 for the Redacción Noche program, which was your beginning in the TV area. Once you covered some sports events and a program in TVE you were finally signed up by Antena 3, your actual channel since 1998, for the news bulletin. Do you think you should have stayed in TVE instead of moving into Antena 3?

M.P. – I can appreciate you have been informing yourself about my professional career!(laughs) Well, I don’t really have a doubt about the decision I’ve made of signing for Antena 3 because I personally love the world of news and I consider a privilege to be the responsible of broadcasting those news to Spain and also another countries where we are also broadcasted. What’s more, I agree with the dynamic of the channel so I’m very comfortable in it.


E.L. – So, should I get the conclusion that you could have stayed in TVE if they offered you the option of being the responsible of the news bulletins?

M.P. – Mmm…I maybe had! But the fact is that they never did a thing like that so we can’t talk about something that never happened, it’s too hypothetical and even banal maybe. But it’s a really interesting conclusion Eli.


E.L. – In this very moment you collaborate with the TV program El Marcador, going back to your origins and giving some sports information too. Are you satisfied with it? I mean, did you miss the sports world in your job as a journalist?

M.P. – Right. I’ll confess that I sincerely missed it. I suppose that everybody who begins in a specific area as I did in some way and then moves into another has a little feeling of homesickness in the good way of the word and, as I am a man, I’ve always been interested in sports! I won’t disappoint the majority of my genre so…yes, I missed it and now that I can share my time in both activities (news and sports) I feel complete and like I’ve achieved my aspirations as a journalist.


E.L. – Focusing on the idea of you being a man, Matías, how do you feel that women are involved in the world of Communication? Has there really been a progress in the incorporation of women to this area?

M.P. – Polemical topic in every area! Well, in my opinion, women are more involved not just in the area of communication but in the whole activities each second that passes by. Maybe at the very beginning of the Communication world, when women began to take part in, they were just signed up for their aspect and public image in order to attract more public but nowadays, although image is essential too, it’s indispensable that everybody that enters has a deep knowledge about Journalism, Audiovisual Communication or something like that. Actually, you must be brilliant to get a good job because we’re passing a really difficult moment.


E.L. – Thanks again for giving me the chance of interviewing you Matías. It has really been an inspiring conversation.

M.P. – You are absolutely welcome. Hope you’ve got the information you were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment